RenoVert, a 20% tax credit on your eco-responsible residential renovation
This temporary tax credit has been created in order to encourage homeowners to choose an eco-responsible residential renovation. It also discourages under the table work and promotes hiring of recognized and licensed general contractors to perform the work.
The value of the renovation project must be between 2500$ and 52 500$ for a maximum tax credit of 10 000$. The tax credit will help reimburse 20% of the eligible expenses. For example, if you undertake a 25 000$ renovation project, you will be eligible to receive a 4500$ tax credit (25 000$ - 2 500$) * 20% = 4 500$!
If you want to take advantage of this tax credit, you will need to start planning today because the credit is only applied on work performed between the 17th of March 2016 and the 31st of March 2017! To help you out, we also offer financing for your renovation project.
Here are some examples of what can be claimed under the RénoVert credit:
- Isolation of your home using GREENGUARD certified materials
- installation of EcoLogo doors and windows
- Air seal of your home's envelope and foundation (including walls, doors and windows)
- Installation of a green roof or even a white roof
- Replacement of your heating, air conditioning or ventilation systems
Call us! We can help you with the work listed above.
We invite you to join our Facebook page in order to receive our latest news, promotions and renovation ideas.
The Group SP Reno Urbaine team
- Serving your Montreal home